To ensure a proper level of security and safety for all attending Sydney City Limits, particularly those who are under 18, we have a Youth Policy in place which forms part of our Conditions of Entry for the event. This policy is in line with several other events around the country.
All minors aged 15 and under must be accompanied by a parent or responsible guardian ages 25 years or older at the Entry gates (or they may be refused entry) and at all times whilst at the festival.
Children aged 11 and under are admitted free and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian over the age of 25 at the Entry gates and at all times whilst at the festival. Those aged 12 or older must buy a ticket.
It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure that all youth patrons 15 and under accompanying them comply with instructions issued by festival staff. They must also follow any instructions contained in all permanent and temporary signage throughout the festival site.
Patrons under the age of 18 must not engage in any illegal or disruptive activities whilst on site. This includes underage drinking, use of illicit substances or any generally disruptive behaviour.
Any breach of these conditions may result in the eviction of the parent/guardian and all accompanying minors from the festival site.
If you are an adult planning to accompany any minors at Sydney City Limits, please ask yourself the following questions if relevant to you:
1) Can I moderate my alcohol intake so that I can responsibly take care of any minors in my care?
2) Can I still enjoy Sydney City Limits with minors in tow?
If you’ve answered ‘no’ to either question you might need to re-think whether you are the right person to be accompanying minors at Sydney City Limits festival.
Anyone who is considering being the nominated adult in such circumstances should consider this responsibility very carefully.
The festival may require adults and minors to sign an Accompanied Minor Form so that in the event of an incident we will have details on record.
To ensure Youth (12-17 years) patrons ages – photo ID is required. For ID to be valid, it must contain your D.O.B, a photo and your full name.
Below is a list of the acceptable Youth (12-17 years) ID required to enter the festival;
- ISIC Youth ID Card
- Learners Permit
- Drivers Licence
- Colour photocopy of a Passport that has been signed and stamped by a Justice of the Peace or Pharmacists, Nurse or Police officer
- Plastic or Laminated School ID (only if it has Name, D.O.B & Photo)
- Boat License (only if it has Name, D.O.B & Photo)
- Motorbike Licence (only if it has Name, D.O.B & Photo)
- Proof of Age card
- Copy of Birth Certificate & Current photo, both signed by a Justice of the Peace or Pharmacists, Nurse or Police officer